October 3, 2008

I Can't Stand Her, But Dang, She's Cute



I hate her. I think she's cute. I hate her BECAUSE I think she's cute.

Crap. I have a crush on Sarah Palin, and I really wish I didn't have to admit this. Damn her.

Politically, she's a ruthless monster, being alternately pimped and cloistered by the GOP. Personally, her family life is a very public mess, and her something-to-prove ambition seems to drive her to do or say something outrageous, just about every deh. Despite all the cuteness, she's just nauseating to watch.

But the world just can't stop watching; sadly, or comically, neither can I.

This blog explores the bizarre situation I (and I think a lot of other people on the left who may not want to admit it) find myself in this election season: how to reconcile that age-old sense of attraction and repulsion, both happening simultaneously. I'll be exploring such lofty, liberal-elitist concepts as ambivalence, star power, "it", "the gaze", and women's visual pleasure.

I'll be diving feet first into the political horror that is the Sarah Palin pick.

And of course, I'll be posting plenty of supercute pictures of The Sarah, and probably Barack Obama, too.

One thing I can say for certain: it's a good time to be a person who enjoys both men and women. We've got Obama and Michelle on one ticket and SP and her shameless, daily photo ops on the other.

It's going to be a very interesting 30 days.